Our goal is to create a safe and happy conference experience for all participants, including sponsors, presenters, attendees, media, exhibitors, and other participants. We strive to promote diversity and believe that our community should be truly open to anyone. Thus, we are committed to creating a supportive and welcoming environment for all people, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This Code of Conduct, which is based on norms of professional conduct, outlines expected behavior and the consequences of unacceptable behavior. We expect everyone to follow this Code so that all participants may enjoy the event responsibly.
Moonshot has sole discretion over what constitutes proper or unacceptable behavior, and the decisions of Moonshot staff are final.
● Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
● Understand the commitment involved with entering the Competition: We expect 100% participation at both the November Moonshot Awards in NYC and the Moonshot Young Leaders Camp in the spring. We must stress this non-negotiable requirement since it is essential to our ability to deliver good results and transformational experiences. We consider the collective process to be of utmost importance for both the individual and the community, and therefore your full engagement is necessary. If some emergency or other unplanned event makes your attendance impossible at the Moonshot Awards or the Moonshot Young Leaders Camp, we would work ensure you the best possible experience through digital platforms or other possible formats so that you can still participate.
● Be friendly and open-minded. You are one of a diverse group of individuals and we strive to create a safe and inclusive environment for every participant regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, profession, etc.
● We expect you to respect confidentiality. While you are allowed to disclose information about the event, sharing any internal information that is not accessible to public will be considered a breach of confidentiality, unless agreed otherwise.
● Self-accountability. One of the key principles of Moonshot is to promote emerging leaders and help them fulfil their mission. When we grant you the money to fulfil you mission (project, venture, scholarship, etc.) we expect that the money will be used exactly for that purpose.
● Be aware of your surroundings as well as your fellow participants. Notify conference organizers if you observe a potentially hazardous scenario or a person in distress.
As a Moonshot team, we set universal principles that will allow everyone to feel safe and welcome.
● Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminating, disparaging, or humiliating materials or behavior by any participant in the event and/or associated event activities are examples of unacceptable behavior. Many event venues are shared with members of the public. Respect for all patrons of these locations is required.
● Harassment may include but is not limited to: offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing materials, photography, or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
● We expect our participants to have professional and suitable attire for the event. Provocative or possibly objectionable dress is unwelcome.
● Physical, verbal, or other abuse; intimidation; threats; annoyance; harassment; stalking; pushing; shoving; and the use of physical force against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous or creates apprehension in a person—as determined by Moonshot and its show management—are prohibited.
● We cannot allow our participants to jeopardize their safety, so we ask you not to bring any weapons or items that could be used as weapons to the event.
● We strongly discourage anyone from using profane or vulgar language, including the use of sexual or suggestive terms, materials, conduct, or the use of racial, religious, or ethnic slurs. Any type of offensive behavior will not be tolerated.
● Alcoholic beverages must not be consumed in locations other than those that have been designated for their consumption. You are responsible for knowing your limits and for your own conduct. Please drink responsibly!
● Moonshot has a zero-tolerance policy towards possession, use, or abuse of narcotics or other illegal drugs and substances at the venue.
● Smoking is forbidden in all areas except designated smoking areas.
● Any assembly that disrupts the peace or is disorderly, or any assembly that involves any unlawful acts or offensive behavior, is prohibited.
● Violation of any rules or regulations will have consequences!
It is expected that all conference participants, attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, or exhibitors will conduct themselves in a professional and polite manner at all times. Anyone who has been told to stop engaging in unacceptable behavior must comply immediately. In the event that anyone engages in unacceptable behavior, Moonshot has the right to exclude them from the event without warning or reimbursement.
A conference organizer or Moonshot staffer should be notified immediately if you are subjected to unacceptable behavior or if you otherwise witness it. We want everyone to feel welcome and included at our event. Throughout it, event staff will be ready to help participants call venue security or local law enforcement, offer escorts, or otherwise assist people to feel secure should they experience unacceptable behavior. You can report unacceptable conduct to any member of staff or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We expect everyone to abide by this Code of Conduct at all event venues and related gatherings. This Code is the foundation of a safe and productive experience for everyone. We are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all.
Please be advised that video recordings and photographs will be taken at this event. By entering, you agree to have your image and likeness used by Moonshot for marketing purposes.